- I talked with T* last Sunday.
- Earlier this week, I deep cleaned the kitchen extractor fan at last.
- I also cleaned the sink thoroughly on the same day.
- I am rereading RESILIENT by Sheridan Voysey.
- I am thankful for blackberry leaf tea.
- I am thankful for the vacuum cleaner.
- I enjoy studying Hebrew and Greek words.
- I'm thankful for tofu.
- I'm thankful for ordinary days. 😊
- I'm thankful for the chorale prelude I played at church on Sunday:
Saturday, August 28, 2021
Thursday, August 26, 2021
Friday, August 20, 2021
I got up more than one hour later than usual, and I didn't go for a walk early this morning. After breakfast, I went to the riverbank nearby and took a picture of the sky. It is going to be another hot and humid day.
Thursday, August 19, 2021
Sunday, August 15, 2021
- I played the organ at church on Sunday last week.
- The controversial Olympic Games in Tokyo are over.
- The typhoon hasn't done damage to our area.
- After the typhoon, it has got much cooler.
- I saw the eye doctor last Tuesday.
- I attended the Bible study meeting last Friday.
- We had a good time chatting after the meeting.
- During the chat, someone told me how to transpose a piece in D flat major to D major. 😊 As soon as I came home, I tried it out, successfully. --Though I have been playing musical instruments for decades, I have never studied music theory systematically.
- I'm thankful for the simple recipe in the newspaper on Saturday. I cooked the miso soup with enoki mushroom, okras and cherry tomatoes, which was good.
- I'm thankful for the crossword puzzle in the newspaper on Sunday.
Friday, August 13, 2021
Thursday, August 12, 2021
I was absolutely sure that I had locked all the doors and all the windows of my studio apartment before going to bed, so I was startled when I suddenly felt the strong wind blowing into my room in the middle of the night. I heard a roaring sound, and my blanket began to flutter, and I gripped its edge firmly for fear that it would be blown away. I was so terrified that I couldn't open my eyes. I didn't know how long, but I held on to the blanket until the wind stopped.
Friday, August 6, 2021
Thursday, August 5, 2021
I didn’t miss my butterfly net until the bus was about to get to the railroad station. I had put it against a big oak tree by the bus stop at the foot of the hill while waiting, and got on the bus, leaving it there. We had a train to catch, and we didn’t have time to go back for it. It was a hot and humid day in August decades ago, when I was eight years old.
I had got the butterfly net only a few weeks before, not because I wanted to catch insects on the hill but because I thought it would help me look ‘stylish’ when going on a picnic with my family and friends .
Soon after we got on a train, it began to rain heavily, and I felt sad to think of the butterfly net left behind under the big oak tree.