Saturday, April 17, 2021
Friday, April 16, 2021
Thursday, April 15, 2021
UNE: MIT FREUDEN ZART
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Monday, April 12, 2021
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Friday, April 9, 2021
Thursday, April 8, 2021
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Monday, April 5, 2021
(When on the Cross the Savoir Hung / Our Blessed Savior Sev'n Times Spoke)
from Babst Gesangbuch
Chorale prelude arranged by Samuel Scheidt
Played by Romi on the electronic keyboard
I learned to play this beautiful chorale prelude soon after I started playing the electronic organ at church. I sometimes play this piece at the beginning of the worship service on the Sunday before Easter, or on the first Sunday of the month, when communion is held.
Saturday, April 3, 2021
(Christ Jesus Lay in Death's Strong Bands)
from Geistliche Gesangbuchlein
Played by Romi on the electronic keyboard
Since tomorrow is Easter Sunday, I think it is apt to share the recording of this tune.
--Let me remind you that I am NOT pursuing perfection here. I am practicing playing the electronic keyboard as a hobby. I know there is AMPLE room for improvement.
Friday, April 2, 2021
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Saturday, March 27, 2021
- the anemone hepatica in our backyard
- a new light bulb for my desk lamp
- warmer afternoons
- strawberries for breakfast 🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓
- the toaster oven
- peace and quiet at night
Friday, March 26, 2021
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Saturday, March 20, 2021
- I played the organ at church last Sunday.
- I lost my folding umbrella on Monday, and found it at the Lost and Found at the supermarket on Tuesday.
- more camellias in front of our house
- I took a long walk along the riverbank on Tuesday, for the first time this spring.
- a cup of Chinese blackberry leaf tea after lunch
- pain that warns me to slow down
- sufficient sleep
- the newspaper
Friday, March 19, 2021
Thursday, March 18, 2021
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
We are working on Isaiah 12:4 in The Bible Memory Challenge hosted by DoNotDepart.com. I am learning it in New International Version, and the first phrase of verse 4 is exactly the same as that of verse 1: In that day you will say:
In Hebrew, however, the first words, which mean "you will say", are different:
And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. (Isa 12:1 KJV)
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. (Isa 12:4 KJV)
Saturday, March 13, 2021
- taking part in the monthly Bible Study meeting last Friday, where we studied Esther 7
- the Rev. F*
- Mr. W*
- having just solved a serious computer problem thanks to the information found at a website
- most of the snow on the riverbanks has melted and we can take a walk there now
- camellias I saw in my neighborhood
- gentle rain this morning
- having recorded a short organ prelude composed by C. H. Rinck
- Linking up with Ten Things of Thankful, which reminds me to be thankful all the time 😊
Friday, March 12, 2021
Thursday, March 11, 2021
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
1. March 9th is National Get Over It Day...what's something you need to 'just get over already'?
National Get Over It Day? -- Well, right now, I cannot think of anything in particular. On second thought, probably, myself?
2. Something you're currently 'over the moon' about?
'Over the moon' would be an overstatement, but I am glad that the winter seems to be over earlier than usual and most of the snow on the riverbanks has melted. I will start taking a walk on the riverbanks soon.
3. What's something you're 'chewing over' these days? (meaning-thinking over carefully)
I'm pondering how to age gracefully. 😊 The first step will be to learn to be more thankful so that I am not tempted to complain or feel depressed.
4. The last thing you cooked or ate that was overdone?
Pork sauté. I tend to overdo pork.
5. In celebration of hitting volume 411 in the weekly Hodgepodge, give us the 411 on something happening in your life in the next 30 days.
I am going to take part in Blogging from A to Z April Challenge!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I saw some yellow crocuses blooming for the first time this year in the flowerbed in front of a store when I was taking a walk yesterday. I am glad that spring is coming.
Tuesday, March 9, 2021
I'm taking part in The Bible Memory Challenge hosted by DoNotDepart.com, and this week, we are learning Isaiah 12:3 by heart. I am also trying to memorize it in Hebrew, and I have realized that part of the verse sounds familiar.