1. Though we are in the middle of the rainy season, I take a walk almost every day. It is still comfortable early in the morning.
2. I like taking a walk in different parts of the city. I enjoy exploring places I have never been to before, as well as finding something new in familiar places.
3. I'm reading an inspiring book written in Japanese whose title can be translated as "Alone in the Presence of God" by Noda Shigeru, which is about the Book of Jonah.
4. Last Sunday, I was asked to fill in for another organist on a very short notice: fifteen minutes before the worship service began. --I had played the hymns before, but I didn't have my book for preludes with me on that day. I selected a suitable tune from the hymnal in a hurry, and rehearsed it only once. When I played it in the actual worship service, I made only one hardly noticeable mistake.
5. I'm thankful for my father, who has been doing the dishes for me since last October, when I began to have severe neck pain. -- The pain is gone now, but he still insists on doing the dishes after every single meal.
6. I'm thankful for the electric fan in my bedroom.
7. Green shiso perilla, a fragrant and refreshing herb, makes ordinary dishes more tasty, especially on a muggy day.
I have taken apart an old yukata (informal summer kimono) of my mother's and have remade it into useful things:
8. a pajama top,
9. a pajama bottom,
and10. an apron.